Thursday, January 25, 2007

Life is Wonderful Completely non-Knitting, but bear with me.

I kniw this is completely non-knitting, but bear with me. This whole project has and is going to eat a lot of knitting time. I love my state. Before i go any farther I'm using orgage for a reason. It's the color for recognizing Self Injury and this is about just that. Back on the 15th I put in a request to the state to issue a proclamation to officially recognize March 1 as Self Injury Awareness Day. It's the worldwide day to recognize Self Injury. No nation's oficially recognize it though. 2 years ago New Mexico did. Last year the board I serve on and I tried to get the state to issue a proclamation to oficially recognize it. THey denied the request. Well, today in the mail was an official statement (our state's way of saying Proclamation) proclaiming March 1, 2007 as Self Injury Awareness Day. Now my friends really have to pull of the informational fair we're planning. Life is so wonderful today. I just need more time in the day for everything.

No comments: