Sunday, October 08, 2006

Knitting Questonairre

Went to a blog and they had this knitting questionairre. It came from here

1. What's your worst habit relating to your knitting? I don't read patterns all the way through so sometimes I'll get partway through a project and discover thatI need or don't know something. Also my knitting bag is my purse.

2. In what specific ways does your knitting make you a better person?

3. How might you or your life be different if you were suddenly unable to knit?
I'd need something else to do with my hands. None of my other arts are easily portable or as inexpensive.

4. If money were no object, what one yarn, and what one tool or gadget would you run out and buy first? For yarn I'd be buying yarns that were from Ireland. For gadget I'd probably get the Options needle set, or a Knitting bag. My current one is a diaper bag.

5. What knitting technique or project type are you most afraid of (if any)? What, specifically, do you fear will happen when you try it? Fairisle. I can get easily confused so I just think that working with a chart and mutiple colors can be a bit intimidating. Felting I've survived as well as lace.

6. Who is/are your knitting hero(es), and why? I'm not really sure

7. Do you consider knitting, for you personally, a mostly social activity, or a mostly solitary activity?
I consider it a good mix of both. I do a good bit of knitting alone at home. Yet, I do a good abount of knitting out during the week while socalizing. It's a pretty even mix.

8. Is there a particular regional tradition in knitting that you feel strongly drawn toward (e.g., Fair Isle, Scandinavian, Celtic, Orenburg lace)? I'm always drawn to the Irish Sweaters yet I haven't done any cableing or any of the stitches that go into the Irish Fisherman Sweaters yet. I do want to make some one of these years.

10. Some statistics:
(a) How many years have passed since you FIRST learned to knit? 1

(b) How many total years have you been actively, regularly knitting (i.e., they don't have to have been in a row)? 1

(c) how many people have you taught to knit? Successfuly taught 2 and attempted to teach a few others.

11. How often do you KIP (knit in public)? Multiple times a week. My landlady owns a store that I kip in a few days a week. Then tere are the busses and another place I am each week.

12. If a genie granted you one hour to stitch-n-bitch with any one knitter, living or dead, who would you choose and why? My Great-grandmother. I've hard such incredible things about how she knit when she was alive and got to see some of her work that I grew up admiring.

13. What aspect or task in knitting makes you most impatient?
Casting on and Making up.

15. Describe how and where you most often do your knitting - where do you sit, what is going on around you, what tools do you use and how are they (dis)organized? At the shop I have everything I need set on the table in front of me and I sit in a chair with my yarn ball on the chair next to me or on the table. THe goal is to take up as little space as possible and be ready to move if a customer comes in and needs the spot. At home I sit in a comfy blue recliner with my yarn ball in the kitty condo sitting on the floor next to the chair. THe condo doubles as a coffee table. All my things are in a bag on the shelf in the condo.

16. Which one person is the recipient of more of your knitting than any other?
Me. Igive my family in general the majority of the knitting though.

17. What's the oddest thing about your knitting, or yourself as a knitter?
My favorite needles are the ones that are older than me. THey were my Step-great-grandmothers

18. What do you see yourself knitting - if anything - twenty years from now?
An O'Shea Clan Irish Sweater

19. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could have only ONE SKEIN of yarn, which yarn would it be and what would you do with it?
A really long skein of wool that I could just frog and reknitting.

20. If you were allowed to own only one knitting-related book, which would it be? (you'd be free to browse others, but you couldn't keep them)
I really don't know yet. I don't have too many. Of the ones I do have: The big book of Knitting.

21. Is knitting the new yoga? Why or why not?
No. Knitting has been around for centuries. Yoga is exercise.

EDIT: This last question added by Caroline:
22. What important thing are you trying to put off doing whenever you knit? It changes from day to day.

No comments: