Sunday, February 04, 2007

SP10 Questionairre

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I haven't found a fiber I don't like yet. I cannot use yarns with banana silk in it though. I can risk anapalytic shock with that fiber. I have been having fun with Kogiu KPPPM and have fallen in love with noro even thouh I haven't had the opportunity to work with Noro yet.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My circulars are in a needle case. Straights in a clear vase. Knitpicks Options in the black case they sent.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting since October 2006. I'd say I'm between intermediate and advanced. My mom and aunt taught me how to knit.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have a
wist.
5. What's your favorite scent? I like fruit scents. Melon and berries especially. Basically anything that does not contain tropical fruits (banana, papaya, mango, kiwi, coconut, pineapple, passion fruit, etc.) Actually I like them, but I have a severe allergy and avoid products that have the scent in case they have any natural part of the plant to decrease the risk of a reaction. You can feel free to ask for any clarification.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I definitley have a sweet tooth. I love chocolate. The guy who runs the candy shop downtown pays me in white chocolate when I sell earrings. Also I love coffee.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I spin with a drop spindle, make satined glass, make fused glass jewlery (even with dichroic glass), paint pottery, bead, draw, paint.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) My computer can play CDs and MP3s. I like a wide variety of music: from broadway soundtracks to country; big band to country; classical to classic rock. I just don't go for heavy metal, rap, and jazz.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love pinks and purples. I tend to like most any colors. It's the artist in me. I just don't go for flourescent colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have 1 cat named Cliona. I talk to and still see my dad and step-mom (reffered to as mom) and her family. The Maternal side of the family has been disowned comin up on 4 years now. My landlord and lady's family treat me like one of their own. I see them daily. Where i live I rent 1 floor and have free access to the rest of the house. That part of the house has 1 soon to be 2 dogs and another cat. Incouding that tidbit since those animals I interact with tons too.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves ... check Hats...check Mittens...check Ponchos...make it a shawl and then it'll be a check. I have very bad memories of ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Right now, as I'm wanting simple, a scarf. It's been the aran sweater though.
13. What are you knitting right now? A hat and scarf to be raffled off on the 1st at a fair, an Aran Sweater for me, a random cable baby sweater for a cousin to be, and an Irish Hiking Scarf for next christmas.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Most definitley. Isn't that what hands were created for!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like bamboo, but my favorites are the KnitPicks Options ones. I got the kit for christmas.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Not yet.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? A baby sweater that's 7 months old. THankfully the baby isn't born yet. It's due in april.
18. What is your favorite holiday? I'd have to say it's a tie with Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love them all though. What makes a holiday a holiday in the winter though is having my dad home and not stuck at work plowing the streets.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Starting to collect antique knitting needles & patterns. I also collect things having to do with my heritage (Southwest Ireland), dolphins, and Phantom Of The Opera.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? No magazine subscriptions yet. My wist has books I want.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Fair Isle, Two Socks on Two Circulars, Entrelac, Intarsia
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I'm not a sock knitter yet. Hope to learn this year. Measurements: Ankle Circumference: 26.5 cm Toe to heel: 26 cm Width: 4 cm
23. When is your birthday? December 13

No comments: