Sunday, February 12, 2006

Shawl & Scarf




I recently made a Shawl & Scarf for a friend. She hasn't been feeling well and thought that they might cheer her up.
The scarf is made with fun fur and has tassels on each end. Also where the tassels attach to the scarf I added a gold button with a sun, moon, & stars. The color scheme was picked because I wanted it to match the button theme. The pics of that are below.
A Part of the scarf (It's about 5 - 6 feet long)


Close up of the end of the scarf



The shawl is about 5 feet long and each color section is for 4 rows. It took me about 2 weeks to complete on size 11 or 13 needles. I got to use "scrap yarn." It was all yarn that I had bought or been given. It was all new and nice and thick. I don't like to use the term "scrap yarn" becaues there was so much of it and idk how to describe what I want to say.

No comments: