Sunday, February 19, 2006

Knit Crutch Grips I made

Ok in case you don’t know (I know 1 of you do) I have a severe latex allergy. I needed to come up with a way to cover the padding and grip cover that were on the crutches that I have for my sprained ankle. Well the pattern and pics of what I came up with this afternoon are below. I used a double stranded Red Heat yarn.

Patterns GRIP COVERSize 15 needlesCO 12Approx 22 rows Stockinette stitch or long enough to go around hand gripI was binding off on purl row.Make up with wrong sides together, turn right side out, put on hand grip, put grip on crutch. I then stitched the loose edge together around each end.

PIT PADDINGSize 15 needlesCO 28Approx 25 rows in Stockinette stitch I was binding off on knit rowMaking Up: Wrap over pit padding and stitch together, tucking short ends in and sewing the long ends together

No comments: