Sunday, March 05, 2006

Retirement Dinner Scarf


Well I finally finished the scarf I was making for the retirement dinner later this month. Came out pretty cool. I mad it out of Incredible Yarn (carnival) and on Size 15 needles. I have a pic of the original version and tomorrow I'll ahve a pic of the new version. I had started it and realized that the stitches were too loose at the beginning and that I wated to add beads to it so I frogged it and started over. The pattern below is for the new version. I don't mention about the beads since that is completely optional and The beads are completely random. The only predictable thing about the beads is that there is 1 bead betweed every set of holes.

CO 10 rows 1-4: knit 5-9: stockinette (NOTE: the 1st and last stitch of the purl row i knit to keep scarf from curling) 10: K1 *yrn P2 tog* repeat to to last (4 times) K1 11- 25: stockinette 26: repeat row 10 repeat rows 11 to 26: 11 times if you have only 1 ball or until desired length if you have more. knit 4 rows Bind off on 4th row. fringe is desired

No comments: