Monday, August 14, 2006

Mental Note

If you are trying to teach knitting to someone that doesn't speak English and that's all you speak you're in for a rough time. On Mondays I'm teaching knitting. Last week was the first week, but noone showed up. So this was the first week of me teaching. There's also stampin and drawing being taught. Well I had 1 student and that was more than enough for me today. I speak English and only English. I've attempted to learn Spanish, but my mind just isn't able to grasp it. Heck, if you have an accent, I can barely understand you. You're better off communicating with me by writing. That is unless you have an Irish Brogue or an English or Scottish accent. I can lso Anderstand Austrialian accents too. I think my understanding the Irish, English, and Scottish is because I grew up hearing a lot of Irish brogues. Heck I was a newborn hearing the Irish brogue and it must have stuck with me. So back to what I was saying. My one student was enough for me today. She didn't speak english. I also didn't have an interperter the whole time. If i needed help I could get someone to help me out, but let's just say I could have gone for an interpeter the whole time. I have no clue how I'm going to handle this for next week. sure hope that I can figure something out.

No comments: