Sunday, February 04, 2007

New Place to KIP

Well I found a new place to KIP yesterday. The local emergency room.

For starters why would I be a patient and have knitting with me? I had gone to knitting in the morning and the shop to help with a party right after. THen to the er from the shop and my stuff came with me. If there were no Epi-Pens and 911 who knows where I'd be right now.
I ended up going into anaphalytic shock yesterday afternoon. Balloons set the latex allergy off. All that were blown up were 5 but just the powder in the air of a small area set me off. I thankfully had an epipen at the shop and used that, then called 911 and waited outside. I'm fine. at the er they monitored me for a few hours and gave me pepcid and benadryl (to take for a few days too). The epi-pen worked, the tightness returned for a while but did go away. Once I was feeling better I started knitting. The nurses (90% of which knew me from my frequent flyer days) all got a kick out of it. Though it was par for the course with me.

On the way home though I bought my self 2 bruised knees (good size as well as swelling) and a nice shiner under the left eye. Tripped on the sidewalk.

No comments: