Friday, October 06, 2006

Have I Lost It?

One guy that works in downtown had a unique evening this evening. Before I go on I usually don't talk about guys since most guys my age in my area are one way or another immature, rude, or in some other way not my type. This guy though was different. I know it's a long story, but I'm just trying to lay the groundwork so you understand the whole story. Here's the story.

I am going to ramble about a guy. A good looking one at that. To give him more points he's about my age!!! It all started Tuesday evening. I went to get a grinder and long story short, the guy working at Subway gave me a sanwich for free because the first 2 I asked for they were out of the meat and he didn't see me go into the store and left me waiting for a minute or so. I was with my neice today coming back from the marina whin I got this undeniable urge to go back and get another grinder. I walked in and there he was working again today. Still hot looking. I got my grinder and while we were talking in introduced to my neice. I called him the coolest guy that works there right to his face. Somewhere in the conversation he told me he had to show me his socks. When he came around the counter he slipped his shoes off and he had the coolest mismatched socks on. One was white and black checked socks and the other was green and black checked. He likes to wear mismatched socks. It was great. I just wanted to hug him right then and there, but didn't. I don't know why, but a guy that cares about socks is just so cool in my eyes. Didn't really realize it till a couple weeks ago though. Maybe it's the knitting??? I looked at him and said to him, "Finally I've met a guy that cares about socks." My 9 year old neice looked at me like I was nuts. I got the greatest idea then (and I still think it's a good one). Surreal_rebirth please check my sanity level please. I told him, "I'm a knitter and please keep that in mind please to understand where the next question would be coming. But could I please make you a pair of socks?" I told him it may take me a little time, but I will make him a pair. He told me he doesn't have a pair of toe socks and would really love a pair. I told him I'll try to find a pattern. I've found 2, but haven't looked them over. He told me he'll give me a free sandwich if I do. I even asked his shoe size. I can't wait to see him again. I may give him my phone number. BY the way, I've never knit socks before!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't resist leaving a comment (something I rarely do). As far as sanity goes - it might be a little, um, off. But hey, look around at the "huddled masses" and tell me with a straight face that you want to be like THEM. But I have to give you kudos - its a hell of a pick up line! I wish I had thought of that one back before I got married! Of course, I didn't learn how to knit socks until after I got married...

Knitting Maude said...

Thanks. Never did think of it as a pick up line. A couple oter friends also agree that this may be a little of an insane thing to do. GOing to do it anyways.