Saturday, April 28, 2007

Got A Lot Done This Week

In both the knitting and non-knitting worlds of my life. In the knitting world of my life I was able to:
1.) Get going again on my Irish Hiking Scarf. It's been sitting there on the needles for about 5 months. I've had other projects that were demanding my time with deadlines that were more pressing. Ok it was originally going to be a Christmas present last year for my Dad, but when I realized it wasn't going to be done in time for Christmas last year or his birthday this year, I decided to make it one of his Christmas presents this year. I'd have more than enough time then. Now with the other projects out of the way, I have time for it now.

2.) I've nearly finished the scarf for my ISE 4 pal. It will actually be done by tomorrow night. Blocking and all. That will give me plenty of fime to get it ready to go out.

3.) I got a couple more rounds done on my lovely socks. Oh, what an adventure they were today. I went to work on them, went the twong way for half a round, had to undo that bit and get them onto smaller needles. Then back onto the correct needles for fear I was going to break the bamboo needles they were on for those weren't my needles. BY the time i got that accomplished I should have known to take a breather. I didn't though. By the time I got going it was 45 minutes later. What took me 45 minutes? I couldn't figure out what direction to go in and which needles to use. Ok if you go in 1 direction and that's the wrong way then you need to go the other way right?! But the 2 tips of 2 circs had me stumped for some reason till I remembered I had my book with me to help me out. Definitley needed more caffiene to wake up. At least I provided humor for the others in my SnB group.
4.) Did some destashing.

In the Non-Knitting world of my life:
1.) Got back in touch with another family member
2.) Had my usual group and appointement
3.) Attended the monthly Community Advisory Board meeting
4.) Ran the Advocacy Committee Meeting (I chair the committee) that meets every other month.
5.) Attended the AdHoc committee where we chose award recipients (if you know me no I will not tell you who's getting the awards. I'm not allowed to till the Annual Dinner next month)
6.) Some heavy duty spring cleaning and rearranging.
7.) Spun and set the twist of about 37 yards of wool.

1 comment:

kimonchan said...

Have a nice week
welcome to my blog
http://kimonchan.blogspot.com