Sunday, April 29, 2007

ISE 4 Scarf Completely Several Photos

I finished and blocked the scarf I've been working on for my downstream ISE 4 pal today. Below are photos of the finished scarf whole blocking and then afterwards. So this scarf will be making it's way to it's recipient over the next couple weeks with a couple little gifts in it. I will post yarn and pattern information after my scarf pal gets the scarf.

You'll notice that it took 2 surfaces to block. In my little corner of the world, you use whatever you have at hand. For the method I used to block I didn't want to chance ruining the carpet so it meant taking up the kitchen and use the kitchen table and ironing board. Plus guard it from Cliona.

Scarf while blocking (please pardon the ugly litterbox and messy bakers rack).


Post blocking, sitting on the ironing board.


Close-up detail of the cables




Distance shot of the scarf after blocking.

By the way, Cliona loves it and I will be paying for it with her when makes it way in the mail. I think I'm going to make something for her with a little of the yarn left over to keep Cliona from loosing it with me. She's been a bit tempermental lately.

No comments: