Monday, November 06, 2006

A new week, what trouble can one get into?

Yay! It's a new week. One thing not everyone knows about me is that I love Monday nights. Not because the first weekday is over, but because I get to see a bunch of friends the next day at DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy). Having DBT is my Monday.

I started DBT because (and I'll be quite frank) back in 2001 I started cutting myself as a form of release. I have since stopped cutting thanks to DBT and other things. Through this group I developed several friendships. We're like family to each other. What's different about these friends (my groupmates) is that even though they are non-knitters, they understand about me and my knitting. They don't mind if I ask if I can call them back in a few minutes because I am i in the middle of a row and need to finish it or "I'll be messed up when I return to it." They know to approach my bags with caution as you never know where a knitting needle or whatever else I may have for knitting may be in it. They don't try to take me away from my knitting. They let me talk about knitting even though they don't understand what I'm talking about. Heck when they come upon free yarn and they grab it for me. One of them gave me a skien of Lion Brand's Homespun for christmas last year. They don't ask questions. They just nod, smile, and let me carry on.

As for trouble I can get into, I have several WIP's, I started another, and looking at another to start. Oh and I'm planning on starting a couple stained glass projects this week too.

My Secret Pal's package is all ready to go out. I'm just waiting for a couple things I ordered to arrive. Once they come in...out the package goes.

No comments: