Friday, March 23, 2007

Bus Adventures

It's been interesting the past few bus trips this week. The bus is how I get to knitting on Saturdays. Well, last Saturday I ended up spending some time at the local prison before getting to knitting. This should have been a sign to me that the day was not going to run smoothly. The bus I take to knitting goes into the prison each time by. I have no clue why but it does. Near the entrance there's a little circle it can go around, but the drivers have been told not to. This driver decides to anyways. Also there's a pickup truck in the circle. The driver cuts it too short and the rear wheel goes up over the curb. Thanks to the watterlogged ground with snow on top of it as soon as he jumps the curb the bus got stuck in the mud. No just stuck though. That rear tire was buried up to the axle. Rather the axle was resting on the curb. Thank you driver. We can't go anywhere. A mechanic comes and confirms this, brings us pasesngers to where other busses get together hourly so we can all continue with our day and the bus got towed out. THankfully we were all able to get to our next busses on time and I was able to make it to knitting.


Today was also an adventure. That is for sure. I went to Dagmar's for the first time. It's a yarn store. BY the way I have never been into a yarn store before. I've only gotten my yarn at regular stores like Michaels (and the like) or Wal-Mart or online. I managed to spend over $50.00 and not feel guilty over it. For me that's a feat. I got 10 skiens of yarn. Ten skiens that I wouldn't be able to get in regular stores and half of those skiens were on sale.On the way home on the bus I got stuck n traffic from a tractor trailer rollover. Here and here tells a little about it. THe second link providing an interesting conversation after the article. It provided a welcome change of pace in the ride. This bus ride made me wonder, why do I want a car? There's always an adventure on the bus. Be it drivers telling deserving passengers off, getting stuck in strange places, or just traffic jams. Just follow the rules, don't annoy or in any way irritate the drivers, and make friends with the drivers and you'll have a fun trip.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

You sure do lead an interesting life by catching the bus! And, I bet you get some knitting done along the way.

Can you please tell me how to add progress bars to my blog?

Your fellow stashalong-er
ellebee57 athotmail dotcom
www.2hot2knit.blogspot.com

Knitting Maude said...

Yse I do lead an interesting life taking the busses. There always seems to be some sort of adventure. I also do get quite a bit of knitting done. I've actually gotten a reputation with the drivers and gotten to know some of the drivers that way. As for the progress bars, sure. I'll email you the site.