Friday, March 16, 2007

Productive Week

It's been a rather productive week in the world of knitting here. I'm rocking and rolling for Fly by the Seat of My Pants" as I've taken to calling my mon's shawl. I was originally picked out 2 patterns, but I was having no luck with either. Solution...make pu your own. Ting is, I; don't have that much experience making my own patterns. It's going pretty well. I have had the forethought to write things down as I go. Something I learned while making fused glass dichroic pendants. I took it of the needles this evening onto some waste yarn to measure it. I suprised myself. I'm even happier with it off hte needles. I only have to make it 10 inches longer. That's doable.

Also, let's see...for my stashalong:
1.) Irish Aran Sweater (using Patons Classic Merino) -- Still on hold. MIght work on it tomorrow in honor of Saint Patrick's Day.
2.) Knitty's Chaos -- Dead due to Cliona.
3.) A scarf and hat set for a raffle on March 1 (yarns unknown) -- DONE also raffle went well and this was one of the first items to go.
4.) A scarf for same raffle on March 1 (using 1 partially used ball wool yarn and 1 partially used skien red heart) -- DONE see number 3.
5.) A cotton hooded bath blanket for the baby to be (using lilly sugar and cream) -- Still working on it.
6.) Shawl for my Mom -- Yarn: Homespun. Already casted on and 1 of 10 pattern repeats done.
7.) Afghan for Dad (Yarn not picked yet) -- Not started
8.) Irish Hiking Scarf -- On hold until other more pressing projects get done.
9.) Gifted Mittens -- DONE
10.) "Screaming Stash"
My Yarn Inventory is at: 77

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Best of luck with the Stash-a-long and the shawl.