Friday, March 30, 2007

Favorite and Least Favorite Yarns (SP10)

Favorite Yarn

My favorite yarn is The Irish Ewe's Irish Aran yarn. Part of my love for this yarn is because it comes from County Kerry Ireland. My ancestors are from Country Kerry and I have been there. I absolutely love Ireland too.

More about this yarn though. It's 100% wool from organically grown sheep grown in County Kerry, Ireland. It hasn't been processed much so there's still a lot of lanolin in it. Sometimes I've even come across organic bits in the yarn. It's even got the sheep smell too. It's all things I love. I think it's also handspun, don't quote me on that though. The yarn is extremely even in width. You get 200 grams or 350 yards in a hank.

I've only had the luxury of making an Irish hiking scarf with it yet it was one of my favorite experiences. I wish I could work with it more.

Least Favorite Yarn

Looking back over the yarns I have used I'd have to say my least favorite yarn that I used would be Lion Suede. I had one heck of a time trying to get guage never succeeding. I decided to use another yarn on that project and make something else out of that yarn. It was to no avail. No matter what I try the yarn and I do not mix well and it keeps breaking. Other people have no problem with the skien. I've tried just to see if it was the skien others skiens and the yarn and I just don't mix. It's the one yarn that I had to give up trying to use and it still sits in my stash to remind me why I don't buy it again. I thankfully bought only one skien.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

I have some suede like stuff and I can't seem to think of anything to do with it either.